Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Frostgrave Terrain Update

I haven't given a good update with where I am on my Frostgrave Terrain Challenge.

This is a rundown of each of the items needed, and where I am on them. Pictures and more details below.

Square Mausoleum Building, 6" per side with a door in each wall. - In progress
Ruined Wizards Tower - Brainstorming
Side buildings allowing access to the upper wizards tower. - Brainstorming
6 Statues - Ready to paint
12" square ruin. - In progress
Haunted Houses - Six small stone monks huts with no roof. - Ready to paint
A Well or Fountain. - I have an idea...
Four 2" diameter discs to act as teleport points. - Ready to paint
6 Columns or ruined columns. - Ready to paint
Underground Library - Prototype stage
Plus enough scatter terrain to cover the board - In progress


The Mausoleum still needs a roof, and I think some work around the doorways. Strongly debating opening at least one door and making the inside accessible.


Wizards Tower - I've had all sorts of thoughts about this, and have seen a wide variety of styles that others have done. I haven't settled on anything yet. Same for the side buildings. Debating the cost/benefit of keeping it simple or being really creative.


Statues and Pillars go together. I pushed the nails in a bit deep on a couple of them, so I need to fix that. Otherwise, they're ready to paint.


 
12" Square Ruin - Need to add some sort of cap piece around the top of at least some of it. Also need to build some stairs.


Haunted Houses - These are ready to paint, though I'm still thinking of adding removable roofs and maybe fireplaces.

Well/Fountain - I have an idea... I haven't started on it yet...


Teleport pads - These were so easy to make. Just need to paint them.


Library - I've put more effort into these... Still not perfect. But I think the end result is going to look nice. Eventually... Really glad I got a BIG box of craft sticks.It might be easier to skip the sticks on the top and bottom, and just have them on the side... Not sure yet...


Scatter Terrain - So far I've only made a few of these. Going to do some ruined wall bits, and maybe some Stonehenge type things.The Bones Mystic Circle piece is a good idea of what I might do.

Beyond that, I've been looking through the Thaw of the Lich Lord, and one scenario takes place on a frozen lake with ships frozen in the ice. Oh, the ideas.... But I'm going to finish the stuff above before I get involved in any of that.

2 comments:

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.