Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Map - Monty’s Hall

A small, one-hour dungeon. I drew this during the final episode of season 4 of The Closer. I don’t *think* the show had any impact on the map... A different show, one I haven’t seen in years does seem to have exerted it’s influence.



Monty’s Hall

The first three doors of the hall are all unlocked, but only one set my be open at a time. Whichever doors are not opened will magically remain closed. When the adventurers try to open any other door within, roll a d3. The door may only be opened if the number matches the door used to enter the dungeon.




The map was drawn with a fine black pen (0.5) in a graph paper composition notebook. Nothing fancy, like a moleskin book with parchment paper, just a cheap one I picked up at the college bookstore. I did use Google’s creative kit to get rid of the graph lines as best I could.

I’m not happy with the two tombs on the middle level. I need to work on that.

3 comments:

  1. I think alternating hashmarks on each level would be a cool way to visually separate them. But it looks like you used the same direction for level 1 and 2, then switched for 3. Also, it would help if the square stairs from level 2 to 3 swung around like the ones from level 1 to 2. Seems to connect them better. In all, though, I like the level transition cues a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point on the alternating hash marks. The reason these were different was because I shifted the paper! Also about the stairs. I'll keep them in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are aware of "the Phantastical Phantasmagorical Montie Haul Dungeon" produced by Gamelords,ltd. in 1982? it's opening claims it to be "the flakiest dungeon in the world". see if you can track it down. you might find it interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.