Sunday, January 1, 2012

Looking Ahead

As 2011 has come to a close, and 2012 begins its relentless drive toward 2013 it is time to review the State of the Blog.

2011 was, on the whole, a pretty good year for the Tower of the Archmage. I hosted a blog carnival, participated in several others, made it to pundit level and am well on my way to gaining another level. I participated in several contests, and even hosted one here.

There have also been a few things that have stalled out do to a variety of factors. The biggest two were switching jobs and working on my Masters Degree. While the job and school work continue, I’d like to get back to some of the projects I put aside. Starport Saturdays, Tim Curry Tuesdays, and my Megadungeon are all at the top of the list.

This year did see me return to making terrain. I built and painted several ruins as well as the fieldstone bell tower. I’m planning on continuing that trend, and making more items for my terrain table. I’m at this point seriously considering a small village to go with the bell tower and ruins that I already have, but that isn’t set in stone, or even cast bricks.

Related to terrain building is painting minis and sculpting. I didn’t paint a single mini in 2011, and I haven’t sculpted anything in years. The sculpting isn’t a big deal because I have no lack of minis to paint, however I have a dragon mini that has lost the top of its head. There is another dragon that I’ve lost its arm. I have no idea where either part is. Since I want to paint them, I need them built. To built them I need to replace the missing bits. To replace the missing bits, without buying new minis, I need to sculpt. Therefore, sculpting is back on the agenda!

I will continue to write reviews, actual play reports, monsters, magic items, and to share links and maps, and all of the other things that I (ir)regularly post. I have a small stack of products to review, and shelves of gaming material to mine for ideas. And in case I run out of ideas or inspiration there are always the random blog post generators.

What this means for you, dear reader, is that there is lots more to come! Thank you for sticking with me, and I hope you continue to enjoy the ride!

1 comment:

  1. Ah! Time for those resolutions!

    I limit mine to promising to get another year older! It's the only one I can be sure I'll keep! ;)

    But you made some good ones. Hope you can see them through!

    Happy New Year, David!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.