Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tim Curry Tuesdays - Cardinal Richelieu

Welcome to Tim Curry Tuesday! By popular demand you chose Cardinal Richelieu for last weeks post, and I presented a 4e version.

I didn’t receive any feedback. My guess is that since I’ve been primarily focused on old school D+D and have relatively few 4e interested readers that my post fell on deaf ears. That’s fair. It’s like offering fries and a hamburger at a Chinese place. This doesn't mean there wont be more 4e material (there will) but for now it will continue to be a small portion of my posts.

So,without further ado may I present Cardinal Richelieu for Rules Cyclopedia D+D


Cardinal Richelieu
12th Level Lawful (evil) Cleric
30 HP XP: 510,320

Str: 9
Int: 13
Wis: 16
Dex: 10
Con: 8
Cha: 15

Speed: 120’ (60’)

Spells: Cure Light Wounds, Detect Magic, Purify Food + Water x2, Find Traps, Hold Person x2, Resist Fire, Blindness, Cure Disease, Remove Curse, Curse, Cure Serious Wounds, Poison, Protection from Evil 10’, Quest, Truesight, Barrier

Equipment: Plate Mail +2, Blood Robes, Rapier +3, Sudden Shot, Ring of Quickness, various potions and scrolls, 7,600gp worth of jewelry and gems,


Cardinal Richelieu is often accompanied by the Captain Rochefort (F8, Rapier of Slicing +2) of the Cardinal’s Guard, when he’s not out acting on the Cardinal’s behalf. The Cardinal is always protected by 2d8 Cardinal’s Guards (F3) armed with halberds. If things begin to go poorly he will not hesitate to use all of his powers to save himself.

Blood Robes - These clerical vestments provide a bonus to all saving throws of +1, +3 if the wearer is actually a cleric.

Sudden Shot - This magical hand crossbow folds down small enough to fit up a sleeve or in a pocket, and provides a +3 bonus to initiative for the round it’s used. It may only be fired once per day, and causes 3d4 points of damage.



This month's RPG Blog Carnival topic is Animals and it's being hosted here at the Tower of the Archmage!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes, very devilish ;)

    BTW, can a rapier "slice"? Just wondering...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I missed your Curry Tuesday last week. This one looks good, though!

    I just checked your 4E one, but since I've only done 4E as a player, I'm not sure I fully appreciate the monster stat block for the system yet. I see how it all works, but not necessarily how tough he'd be. So far I've yet to experience anything in 4E higher than 1st level as a PC.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.