Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Megadungeon Maps - 1st big level

The first level of my megadungeon is actually a rather small one, which I've posted already.  I've also posted the first map below, which is the beginning of the second level.  However I think I've finally finished mapping the rest of the second level! 

Map 2
Map 3
Map 4
Map 5
I need to redo this one on the same size graph paper. 
Map 6
The whole level together!

One of the things I'm trying really hard not to do is to confine myself to the shape of the graph paper.  If it feels right to have a weird section branch off at an inconvenient location, that's ok!  I have more graph paper! 

The doorway across the chasm in Map 3 will lead to some other section of the dungeon, tougher than level 2 definitely... but I haven't decided what I want over there yet, so it remains unmapped. 

1 comment:

  1. Ah! That takes me back. Old-school graph paper dungeons were always incredibly fun to make!

    But not so fun for me was filling every room with something original, or trying not to use the same adjectives to describe a "Dusty, empty room full of cobwebs. There is nothing here the heroes would want..."

    That map is huge! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.